A Fateful Fire
The McNab Flour Mill was destroyed by fire in 1956. The McNab mill had been in operation since 1913 and had been instrumental in the growth of the town. It would be rebuilt by Wilf Chamney as the Humboldt Flour Mill and begin operations in 1957.
Strange but true: McNab Flour Mill once advertised on the side of a live elephant in a parade down Humboldt’s Main Street during WWI.