If you have an artifact that would assist in telling Humboldt’s story, please consider making a donation. Contact us to get this started! The Museum and archives have active collections policies and our Collections Committee is happy to consider any item that tells us more about Humboldt.
The Museum is documenting every business in Humboldt, whether in operation for 10 months or 100 years. If you have owned or operated a Humboldt business, please contact us so we can add your information to our directory.
Do you have photographs of Humboldt or surrounding communities? We have a photograph collection of Humboldt’s history that could benefit from your donation.
The Archives of the Humboldt and District Museum hold the collective memory of Humboldt and area – its families, community groups, businesses and individuals. The archives’ mandate includes the continual acquisition of archival material related to Humboldt and area through public donations. The archives provide public access to archival records while maintaining stringent conservation management and best practices to preserve the collection. Research requests can be accommodated with advanced notice. Fees may apply depending on the request.
All archival material has been catalogued and described according to the collection, or fond, it belongs to, including:
- Arlington Hotel fonds
- Brithdir United Church fonds
- David Ronald Bell fonds
- George Dempster fonds
- Glynfield School District #3637 fonds
- History of our Living Elders Project fonds
- Hoffman’s Novelty Circus fonds
- Humboldt 4-H Multiple Club fonds
- Humboldt and District Chamber of Commerce fonds
- Humboldt Broncos fonds
- Humboldt Journal fonds
- Humboldt Lodge No. 100 of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows fonds
- Humboldt Music Festival Association fonds
- Humboldt School of Dance fonds
- Middle Lake School #2271 fonds
- Prince Rupert Masonic Lodge #35 fonds
- Spencer Sutherland fonds
- St. Matthew’s School District #4673 fonds
- Ursuline Sisters of Bruno fonds
- Sunshine Rebekah Lodge #83 fonds
- Waldsea Lake Park fonds
Interested in looking at more historic photographs of our collection? Search for Humboldt in the Photograph Database of the Saskatchewan Council of Archives and Archivists. Or check out the Humboldt-related artifacts on the Saskatchewan Archival Information Network databases at sain.scaa.sk.ca/collections/.